Raising young children can be a wonderful experience, filled with joy however it often also comes with daily challenges and feelings of exhaustion and overwhelm. The following self-kindness tips can help mums boost how they feel as they raise their children.
- Value your Wellbeing.Choose to make feeling good a priority. Consistently check-in with, nurture and celebrate your wellbeing each and everyday.
- Gain Clarity.Explore and become clear on how you are really doing in all 5 dimensions of wellbeing. It’s a wonderful starting point that helps you identify which dimension most needs your attention.
- Be Present.Focus your time and energy in the present moment as much as possible (it can be so easy to get distracted). Be conscious about your little daily choices and make time to enjoy the everyday moments.
- Monitor your Self Talk.Be aware of the way you talk to yourself. Are you talking to yourself with kindness? Be mindful of your inner-talk and check in regularly to ensure your tone is kind and self-loving.
- Embrace Self Kindness.Being kind to yourself is essential as a mum. Treat yourself as you would a good friend and be self-compassionate whilst being on the journey of motherhood.
- Nurture your Relationships.As a mum, your social wellbeing is invaluable. Invest your love, time and energy in your most cherished and supportive relationships.
- Schedule Rest. Incorporate mini breaks into your day. For example; Carve out time to enjoy a cup of tea before you start the household chores or go to the office.
- Play Everyday.Give yourself permission to play and make time for fun. Play is often undervalued but is such a precious gift to yourself and your family. Embrace light-heartedness.
- Start Positively.Begin your day with a PAP (Positive Action Plan). As soon as you wake, ask yourself these three questions… How do I want to feel today? What am I grateful for? What are my top 3 priorities? The PAP helps you to set the tone for your day.
- Forgive Quickly.Let go of mini mistakes and make better choices next time. Self-criticism is a waste of your precious time and energy. Celebrate and acknowledge the good in each day.
The 5 Wellbeing Dimensions
VALUE, NURTURE & CELEBRATE YOUR WELLBEING…EVERYDAY!
Blossom & Glow would like to thank Rhiannon from The Wellbeing Web for allowing us to present these self-kindness phrases for our beautiful mums.